Monday, August 4, 2014

[Gege News Talk] Kantai Collection Anime Will Air on January 2015


I'm not a Kantai Collection player. I only know it from people, specifically netizen, around me. And I knowing even more about it thanks to my friend. So, knowing this news is just making me even more curious. Well, I'm not really into it since I'm not particularly interested, I just curious about it.

A bit details first. Kantai Collection, abbreviated as KanColle, is originally a free online turn-based browser game (CMIIW) made by Kadokawa Games with an association with DMM.com, which only available in Japan. The theme of the game is a war between sea fleets using moe anthropomorphized Japanese (and some Germans) war ships known as kanmusu (Kantai Musume; Fleet Girls) during the period of World War II. Apart from the war game, according to my friend, you also need to gain items to maintain the ships and also build the new one. With that, you will build a strong fleet and use it to gain more items by online PvP game or entering a quest held by the developer. That's what I know so far about the game. So, the game itself is very popular in Japan, and also pretty much popular outside Japan too. So popular that, according to my friend again, the developer create so many server for the player to play and they also using kinda like lottery system to limit players from server overload. Well, kinda like closed-beta test I think.

With that kind of popularity, the developer decided to spread the popularity even more by creating a lot of manga (semi-official, anthology, and a la carte) and publish by numerous of publishing company, including their own Kadokawa Shoten, and then a PS Vita game, which currently on development, and then this anime.

Actually, the anime itself is promised to be air this summer. But, since they announce the time last April, apart from the anime visuals of some of the characters, there isn't actually a single PV regarding to the anime. Until now.



The anime will be made by Diomedea. It's not a particularly famous name, but they are already made some action anime with good animation and visual, although on their last creation, Akuma no Riddle, the viewpoint in the action scene was dull.

And then onto this. From the PV, the visual is nice, the animation is nice, and I think the story will be more serious-like instead of a normal slice-of-life. But, the problem is, it feels desolate because, well, 3 girls fighting with a unknown creature that the size isn't that big in a very big blue calm ocean that has nothing in the surroundings. Seriously, apart from the action scene, nothing is actually feels impressive or dramatic since there are still a lot of gaps in the viewpoint as they hovering (yes, hovering) above the sea surface. Well, since this is still a PV, I hope they fix the problem when its premiere.

News source: Anime News Network, Seventh Style

No comments:

Post a Comment