Saturday, May 17, 2014

First Impression: Datsun Go+


Last year, Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn was announce the comeback of Datsun and the brand will focus on cheap cars. Months after that, precisely in the 21th Indonesia International Motor Show, they finally revealed their products, Go and Go+. Despite that, no one, apart from media, can actually experience it directly. But, previously in Otobursa, Datsun had finally showcased one of the product, the Go+, which is the 7-seater version of the Go. And my first impression about that car was, sadly, awful.


I mean, well, I don't know if the one they showcased was still a prototype or the final. But, first of all, it didn't look the same as the spec sheet. But that wasn't the case. The main problem was the build quality. Because they built it rather awful. The dashboard panels feels cheap, the body was so thin that you can probably bend it, the door handles was so fragile that you can probably break it easily, the seat was so thin, it wasn't that comfortable, both mid and back seat could fold, but couldn't lift and thanks to that, the entrance to the back seat was hard that you can probably break your spine, the back seat was so tight, the mid seat only has 2-point seatbelts, and so on.

With all that, I don't think that was the final. I mean, Datsun is part of Nissan. Well, originally, Datsun was Nissan in the olden days. So basically, even for now, Datsun is Nissan. And I don't think Nissan would build the car that way. Nissan always make a good car with a good quality and pretty much reliable. So Datsun should build the car that way too even though it's cheap. I think I need to wait a bit longer, waiting for a much better version.

Well, despite all the critics, I actually like the styling. I just wish if they will build it better. Anyway, here's the spec sheet for Datsun Go+.



No comments:

Post a Comment